Originally Posted By billstephenson

Originally Posted By lori
I refuse to give you the power to determine how I feel about anything.

Lori, I think ppine's observation was made in general and not pointed at any one or more individuals here. His point is valid though, complaining or getting angry is seldom productive, and it seldom does a thing to solve a problem.

You misunderstand - that wasn't me responding in a personal way. That's a statement of fact - I have long since refused to allow anyone to tell me how to feel under any circumstance, and that is the right anyone and everyone has - your feelings are your own, and no one has any direct control over them, really. What you control is how you react to what you feel.

If ppine wants a "correct" response to his posts he needs to say what he means. I don't play guessing games. While I suspect he means behavior and not emotions, I don't know that so I respond to what he says. I have been inaccurate in guessing what his real intent is in other threads.

It is impossible, if you value the wilderness and its preservation, to not be angry at what you find out there sometimes. A measured and calm response is far more likely to be effective, however, so that's what I generally make with the end result in mind. From correcting someone throwing plastic and other trash in our campfire to reporting something to rangers, I see no reason to react out of anger with a kneejerk response - it's only going to create another problem.

http://hikeandbackpack.com