I decided to go ahead and get the boots I looked at. Something unlikely happened though. I looked at and tried on the boots around 11 on Thursday. I checked a couple other stores and all I found that I could even stand on my feet was a pair of redwings, but they didn't fit nearly as well as the Vasque's did. I went back to work, then came home and got my research done on the boods and decided to get them.

Its a small shop, and they close about the same time we've been quitting work here lately, so I knew I wouldn't have many chances to get up there to get them. Friday night we quit a bit early to go out to eat with my grandma. I left a little before they did, told them what to order for me, and went to get my boots. Sometime between 11 thursday morning, and 4:30 friday night, during the 14 or 15 hours they were open, the little mom and pop shop (that most people around here probably dont even know exists), in our little hole in the wall town, sold the only pair of those boots in my size. The guy said he was surprised because they dont sell many boots. I said "What, maybe a pair a week?", and the way he said "something like that" led me to think it probably wasn't that many. So of all the boots for them to sell, it had to be the one pair in all of Cookeville that I liked. They're ordering me a pair now, so hopefully they'll be there in a couple weeks. About 95 percent of everything I try to order ends up backordered though, so I have my doubts :P While I was there I did pick up a MSR blizzard stake to replace my small shovel and saved about four ounces for about 6 bucks, so it wasn't a COMPLETELY wasted trip.