Yesterday, I walked a very small section of the ADT through Pueblo, Co. I found places I didn't know existed. A nice lake, some waterfalls, and nice people fishing. One group fishing and quietly drinking beer. I really questioned whether a trip like this would be "backpacking." I guess it really depends on whether you are the type of person whose focus is on the view outside or if you turn reflectively inside. I'm the second type, so it was fun.

Stealth camping in the city looks a lot easier before you get out there. When I looked for likely spots, I didn't see anyplace I'd feel comfortable. There were lots of signs of trails into the likely spots. I suspect they are used at night. The homeless people are pretty clean here, so there weren't any messes around the campsites.

From the point of view of a stranger to Pueblo, resupply would be a little difficult. The nearest supermarket to the trail is 3.4 miles. The nearest motel is virtually right on the trail. Towns can really cost a lot of money, so unless a person was really careful, I think I'd triple the amount I think I need.

East of Pueblo, the next supermarket is 119 miles away. There are quick stops and small markets, but that's hardly a place to buy food suitable for a long trip.

I got a copy of the databook for Colorado for ADT. The directions are very good, but it would be real difficult to make a good map from them. But it's really no big deal if you take a little different route.

The ADT is a mix of road walking and wilderness trails. It would take a mix of skills to complete. Utah and Nevada look impossible for an unsupported hike.