I have a nearly endless supply of freeze dried food, because I do a lot of testing. I like to gourmet up my home food with it. For instance, mandarin oranges, spinach, and slivered sprouted almonds in regular jasmine rice. I would not have these items at home if they were not f.d. they would go bad the minute I turned my back. Plus I tend to leave town for the mountains on a moments notice. I find that eating meals with more than 1/2 freeze dried and dehydrated makes my colon feel a little strange during digestion. My mother says the same thing. I do not weigh myself, because I seem to stay at the ideal weight no matter what, but when I eat more than 50% backpack food, I always feel like I am losing weight. without getting into depth on nutrition, I think more care needs to be taken to round out EVERY (freeze dried and dehydrated) meal. For instance, when you hear that cooked tomatoes will give you more nutrition than raw and adding olive oil helps even more. Or that Quinoa is a complete protein with all amino acids so you can digest it. Others here most likely can be more tech savvy on this, but that is my gut('s) reaction to my extensive testing.

Edited by FredMT (09/22/11 02:11 PM)