I've never even considered a GF diet, but I'll certainly read up on Celiac disease. I can't say I've ever noticed a connection to gluten, and when I eat oatmeal I feel really good right afterwards, but I'll pay close attention to that to see if there is something there, especially in the days following.

For me, when I made the direct connection to perfumes I started to avoid them. That's not that easy though, especially with a wife and five kids. The toxic fragrances are in so many products. One of the worst is those scented strips they put in magazines. Those were vicious. My girls would bring those home and I'd have to do a full house search to find them.

After a couple years I had grouched enough to get things pretty well cleaned up and since the house wasn't a barrage of fragrances anymore you could detect new ones right away, so it was easier to keep stuff from coming in too.

It must have been awful for you. Gluten seems to be in everything too, so I can imagine that you hardly ever had a break. For me, when I realized that I could shake it off with a few hours walking in a secluded place away from traffic and people it got a lot better, even though I felt guilty for doing it, and no one really understood the need.

Now, after a couple decades of very low exposure, I can tolerate being exposed quite a bit better, but at it's worst I couldn't take it more than a few minutes before I felt like a roach sprayed with Raid.

Thanks for taking the time to point out the Celiac disease connection. Things like that can change someones life. It was my mother that pointed out the connection to fragrances and when she did I instantly realized how it fit in with my situation.

Just for the record, if you eat gluten do you feel it right away? Is there anything that contains gluten that is especially noticeable after you eat it?

I drink beer everyday, but only beer made with barley, never wheat beer, that makes my stomach gurgle and gives me the same yucked out feeling as the nasty fragrances. But I love heavy wheat bread, though I can't say it's ever made me feel good. I really have to pay attention to this...

Thanks again!

"You want to go where?"