Debbie, you try standing out in the cold night air at 9,000' with your shoes and underwear on and a down vest, peeing for a couple minutes, trying to hold "it" still while you try to figure out if your long over-filled bladder is empty yet.:) Lows on my trip were 28-46 degrees. I'm not overweight, coming in at around 162-165lbs., 6' tall. I drank around 2 liters of water or a little more a few days during my hiking, hiking an average of 11-12 miles a day, with the last morning an easy out of less than two miles. I drink a quart of water with breakfast and start in again after an hour after I start hiking for the day, trying to drink water every 15 minutes and a quart with lunch. I could not see any performance increase using Gookinaid for a few years, so quit bringing it quite a while back.

I've had one other night a few years ago on a weekend bp trip where I had to get up at midnight to pee, then again at 6. I work out of town and stay with my mom during the week. A few times during the week, I need to get up anywhere from 11PM to 3AM to relieve myself. At home on the weekends, rarely. I blame the water.