I'll second the car-shade idea. It works for a lot of folks for a pot cozy.

"Reflectix" is the brand-name of the kind of material found in car shades. It's a bit more expensive but perhaps more durable. This is very popular as a pot cozy choice.

I use and like "Thinsulbright" from craft/fabric stores. It's a fleeced-mylar and insulates very well. I made one with a rip-stop nylon shell and it works great for me as a freezer-bag cooking cozy. It packs flat, is lightweight, and is machine washable, too, which is an added plus.

I get what you mean about the taste (feel?) of a soda while on the trail. I most enjoy a carbonated fountain drink after returning from a backpacking trip. I don't take them on the trip, however, as I've found I can enjoy myself more with a lighter load. So, for those times I might want more than just the 'taste' of water, I pack along various kinds of powdered drink mixes; many of them have vitamins/electrolytes in them, too, which can be beneficial for the body.

There are times when I do take some kind of adult beverage and, as suggested above, will utilize a near by water source for keeping things cool(er).

Edited by AaronMB (08/02/11 03:04 PM)