I love paddling a canoe. Something about being on a lake or river, swiftly moving through wild areas. Been white water canoeing too, nothing serious, class I, maybe II's. The J stroke and what I call the sweep stroke (I believe is your C) keeps your paddle on one side and canoe moving straight ahead. I am still perfecting them, sometimes I have to draw to straighten myself out. But with practice makes perfect.

That Machias River out here in D.E. Maine has a bunch of small campsites along the banks marked on the gazateer. My room mates and I are planning a few overnighters exploring the river, staying at the campsites, and eventually making our way to our block. Along the way there are some serious rapids in which we will have to walk our canoe around. I am talking class 6's, which I can't even fathom doing it in a canoe, let alone a real river raft. The river eventually runs right by our house, then hitting huge water falls about a 100 yards after - we're very careful at getting out of the canoe before we hit those, you betcha! Beautiful wild river!