Originally Posted By phat
Good thing I live in Canada, where the same drops, used properly, do meet government guidelines for killing the nasties - so I can safely use them wink

And considering the miox makes the same mixed oxidant stuff out of salt I am dubious at best of any claims it's any better. I can carry batteries to make my free oxidants or just the two bottles. I seriously doubt there is any real difference in practical, proper use.

Phat, I assume that you are talking about Pristine in Canada. I don't see where they say it has been approved by Canada and will treat all the nasties. In fact, it is their filtering systems for which they state, "will remove 99.9% of Cryptosporidium, Giardia and other pathogens". No such statement is made for Pristine. It is once again much the same about how great chlorine dioxide is, but without particulars as to Pristine.

Miox has been shown to kill all the nasties and has the EPA registration to prove so. AquaMira does not. As such, there is a real difference, part of which is probably the level of concentration of mixed oxidants.

I just want everyone to have enough facts to make an informed decision. For me, I don't feel comfortable rolling the dice when there are documented treatments that I can use and weigh little.