I went to Bonnaroo in 2007.

Our issue was packing to fit the 50 pound limit by the Fresno airport.

In a big suitcase was the tent, sleeping bags, air mattresses, and lawn chairs. In the other suitcase was the clothes and toiletries . We bought our food, beer, water and a cheep ice chest when we got to Nashville.

Bonnaroo is different than other festivals I've been to, because you camp right next to your car. Other festivals, you park, and then hike your stuff in.

A couple of things about Tennessee I did not expect that you should plan for.

1. Chiggers - I call them the poison oak bug, they bit and it itches. I am not sure if DEET even helps.

2. Asthma - My wife spent a couple hours each day in the Rock Med tent on a neubulizer. Her asthma was bad, not sure why either. But if you or your friends have asthma, take your inhaler.

3. Humidity - Sleeping is horrible in a sleeping bag made of any poly material, it just sticks to you. I wish I had a cotton sheet or blanket instead. It was only in the 80's but it feels worse.

4. Cash - There are ATM machines everywhere, but there are vendors all over and some are close to the campsite, but not the ATMs, as most are inside the main venue. There are people everywhere selling everything, so having some cash on hand will really help.

Bonnoroo is a super cool place, with a bunch of super cool people. You have to check out the silent rave, and the farris wheel. Remember the main shows start late, like 1:00 AM late, so you have to pace yourself, or try napping the day.

Dude, have fun and be safe.