Originally Posted By Glenn
Not trying to rain on the hammock parade (pun intended), but I did want to bring up one question: since the OP indicated it must be a two-person tent, I assumed that there would be two people sharing this shelter. Wouldn't that require two hammocks, and if so, would there be any additional considerations to using hammocks (i.e., finding enough trees in the right spots to share the tarp, a larger size tarp, etc.)?

I'll admit that I've not tried hammocks, and know little to nothing about how they work. I'm not trying to talk the OP out of a hammock, just putting out a couple of questions that struck me right off.

Three trees, two hammocks, huge tarp and then you have cooking and living space in between.

South American natives use permanent structures and hammocks. Many hammock campers use Mayan style hammocks.

One of the really nice things about the setup is the flexibility - with the right suspension you can get things done with trees 15-20 feet apart, and since the tarp goes up first nothing ever gets wet. And bugnets are built in to most camping hammocks, or separate and easily configured over them.

http://hikeandbackpack.com