OT here. I was going to post a response similar to yours Pika....until I went back to the TLB home page and found this:

"The Lightweight Backpacker Welcomes You !

If you engage in backpacking, at some point, you may consider packing a lighter load. That consideration was the main reason that Backpacking Lightweight was created in 1996, and it continues to be its primary focus. Since then, however, the Lightweight Backpacking & Hiking website has grown to include a vast repository of resources useful for year-round backcountry safety & enjoyment. While it is true that Backpacking Lightweight promotes ultralight backpacking & hiking, featuring lightweight backpacking equipment, it is a also a proven resource - for all backcountry travelers - for researching and purchasing quality outdoor gear!! We welcome you, and we hope you will enjoy traversing the Lightweight Backpacking & Hiking website."

That paragraph seems to indicate a change in direction to me. TLB seems to have lost its original focus over the 9 years since I joined. It has gone much more mainstream and indeed the content over recent years indicates that. Is this change good or bad? Let the reader decide.

Is a holster question from a guy who wants to carry 3+ pounds of guns and ammo appropriate for this site? That just doesn't seem clear to me any more. I think TLB (which stands for The LIGHWEIGHT Backpacker) is still primarily a lightweight site but it is no longer an exclusively lightweight site.

I for one lament the change in direction.

* May not apply at certain latitudes in Canada and elsewhere.