Originally Posted By billstephenson
Cool!!!
..... If the sun keeps shining for a few more days here it might actually grow enough to see in a photo.

I can relate. I was just looking at photos and writeup from my last year garden - hard to believe the difference. Weather's been terrible this year and still is cold and wet. Sunshine? Ha-ha.

I've been working based on forecasts of neglible rain. If I get two days of no rain, I'm plowing at the tail end of the second day. What's made it worse for me this year is that I put a layer of two-feet deep tree leaves on the garden last fall and now having to plow it under, all which tends to retain moisture.

But while most others in town are complaining of no garden, I'm getting there with persistance and hard work ( it helps to be retired smile ). Got potatoes in a week ago, sweet onions are up nicely and a huge garlic crop. Lettuce is starting to pop up and I planted yesterday a large block of beets and one of carrots. Got a new raspberry patch planted a week ago.

Tulips just now starting to open and daffadils. Strawberries are looking perky, but blueberries not yet budding. Tomatoes and peppers still in the cold frame.

I'll start a new thread with photos maybe this afternoon.