Glenn, I do carry a water bladder in my bag, but honestly I would be a little afraid of poking a hole in the bag one the eyelets on my boots or putting too much pressure on it and busting something. With an extra bladder, I wouldn't be as concerned, but since its my primary water container I just dont know. I guess since the price is alot cheaper than the pillows I seem to be finding, just getting an extra bladder like the one I carry now might be a workable idea. Especially considering the dual use. I'll give that a try later today to see if it suits me comfort wise.

BrianLe, that is the type of thing I've been looking at, just wanting to see what options people seem to like.

dla, I have a 48 inch neoair pad. My pack is under my feet. That does sound like a good option if you're using a full length pad though. I'm pretty picky about my pillows, but if nothing else, it could provide a good base for a thinner pillow to cut down on bulk, like Glenn's suggestion of putting boots under the water bladder.