I got stuck at a friends house over the weekend by a downed tree and powerline. We had planned on going hiking saturday, so I had my bag with me. I am still working on figuring out how all my gear rides in my bag best, so I've been taking everything whenever I have the bag out. I had a cheap fleece sleeping bag and a thermarest neoair that a generous board member gave me (I wont say who because I dont know if they want to be named) in the bag. I ended up using the bag and pad because there wasn't really anywhere else for me to sleep (their couch is HORRIBLE).

The pad slept much better than I had expected, but I had one problem, my neck was killing me the next day. I tried stuffing some clothes in a stuff bag, like I've read about people doing, but that was not comfortable at all. I had a small hunting cushin that I was taking for something to sit that I ended up using that for a pillow the first night there, and it was kinda uncomfortable. By the next morning my neck was very stiff and sore. The next night I used a regular pillow my friend had and slept much better. I am now looking for a decent pillow to take that wont take up much room. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.