As a light it would work better with two clear 'bottles" and if you put a reflector on top.
As it is it would be for a bit of light (I cannot read by candle light only...) but mostly for some atmosphere , that warm fuzzy feeling you get from a live flame. If you don't, just ignore this bit..
Some use it to dry the air a bit. It is rather surprising how hot the flame is up to about 8" or so above...
Just under 2 oz with a 9 hour candle.
As a weight comparison , the very popular Mini UCO lantern is 3.2oz with candle. http://candlelantern.com/mini.html