sautmush, My cooking system uses an old, salvaged aluminum Boy Scout cook kit pot, about 12.5 cm (5 inches or so) in diameter and about 6.25 cm (about 2.5 inches) deep. It holds 600 ml (20 oz or so). I also carry a 300 ml (10 oz) titanium cup. I have actual lids for each. Inside I have a Backpackinglight titanium folding wing stove that weighs about 15 grams or so (about half an ounce), and a titanium folding spork. There is a windscreen made from an aluminum disposable cookie sheet to fit just inside the pot , plus a square of the green scrubbing pad (3M ?) that is occasionally used to scrub soot from the bottom of the pan, but more often to insulate the bottom of the pot while dinner steeps (my knit cap is my cosy). And there is a very light nylon bag to keep the pot from dirtying other things. The whole “kit and kaboodle” weighs around 250 grams ( a bit under eight ounces) Don’t remember what I paid for the wing stove, but it was little enough that I bought four of them. Hope this helps. I've done the whole AT with Esbit. Best, jcp

Edited by JPete (04/01/11 10:54 AM)
Edit Reason: add last line