Yes if you look back in this thread you will see dots of silicone and also shelf or toolbox liner recomended. I think the real issue is not only pad slipage but width as well. Air moves around you constantly in a Hammock. The ground creates dead air space in a tent situation. Tent floor or ground is a airlock so to speak. In a Hammock you seem to get a wind chill factor from the bottom ,unlike in a tent. Answer seems to be a sub floor or under quilt sub floor? The pros cant be all wrong? Trouble I am finding is like most ventures. I am moving on to Hammock comfort, and it is comfortable if you are warm! However, like many things new Hammock is the cheap part. I am trying to make this a warm versatile system utilizing what resources I already have. Murphy steps in and we realise we have to alter systems. Well guess what altering systems adds to cost, and if not carefull weight. Weight wise I am at break even ,as I had a two person two pound silnylon tent. However ,Hammock is 2 pounds and one person. Trade off is back felt so so in tent and excellent in Hammock. I stated a wider pad is needed,this is due to the wind chillfactor you feel it in your arms if off the pad. The air mattress isnt needed in the Hammock, just insulation. Happy Trails