Yes I plan to try it Phat,it has been rainy the last few days! I was considering making a undercover from one of those heat shrink patio door pieces of plastic. I made velcro attached wings for my ccf pad yesterday. I am sure I will be fine. I also have a space blanket and bought a window reflector. I am debating bothering with the window reflector. I am just chomping at the bit to get back to the mountains! I have been looking at Ponchos but not sureI want to go that route. I almost bought a new WM Alpinligt on ebay a couple days ago. I bid 350.00 in last few seconds and it went for 356.00. Kinda glad I didnt as I may like to switch to a qwilt,If I continue to hang? I have been also looking at GG. quilt,etc.etc.
I kinda think maybe I should just order the Hennesy 4 season system for a hundred bucks. This includes Undercover. Overcover, Pad and all? By the time I get done spending money expermenting with ideas that may or may not work. I would at least have a proven system? The DIY. in me just will not allow it?