Hi, Kent-

How firmly inflated was your Prolite? I have moved on from using one inside my hammock, for the most part, but advised you on how mine worked for me. I may not have mentioned under-rather than over-inflating it. If a mattress is too stiff, it will tend to pop out from under you too easily. Another thing that helps is a piece of grippy shelf liner.

The crossed windshield reflectors with taped-on closed cell foam "wings" will work much as the sewn pad extender that was mentioned, and can work with any type of mattress. "Customize" the foam strip placement to fit your chosen pad.

Some people cut Z-rests into segments and join with Velcro strips or whatever, turning the segments so that the folds are parallel to the user's body. They conform a little better in that direction.

Your DAM can also work, but not so well with the stock fly. It is likely to stick out from under the fly.

If I remember correctly, you have the side-entry. The advantage there is that you can lay out your bottom insulation and sit on it, then respread whatever curls up as you get in.

The bottom-entry Hennessys have been around much longer, so that is where most of my experience lies. For the last 5 or so years, I’ve carried a Gossamer Gear Thinlight ¼” pad folded into my Gossamer Gear Mariposa pack’s back pad pocket. At night, I slip it between a suspended space blanket and the underside of my hammock, or maybe under a fleece blanket suspended under my hammock. It depends on how cold the night is going to be. I haven’t tried this set-up with a side-entry hammock, yet.
One of my friends says it takes a puppet-master to use my set-up, but I’ve been making it work for years. I am rather insistent that my gear have more than one function, so the fleece blanket has to have a zippered hole for my head so it can be worn as a tunic and the foam pad has to work as padding between my pack and back or a sit-pad by day.

CamperMom