Not an hour after UPS dropped off my son's new pack Fedex showed up with our new tent. I had been looking around at various tents within my personal criteria of having a dimension more than 90", being freestanding and weighing less than 5 pounds.

I had resigned myself to having to spend at least $300 when I came across this tent. I could find no reviews about it anywhere so I didn't know what to expect. I bought it from e-bags.com (using the link from this site) and paid $127.something shipped. I ordered it Tuesday and it got here today.

I did a quick setup in the backyard and it looks like a pretty good tent. The instructions are printed on the stuff sack but it's not rocket surgery to set it up. There was plenty of room inside for me and both of my kids with room to spare for gear and/or a dog. It will likely be a couple of months before I can give it a real life try but so far I'm liking it.

Anything lighter was going to take me a long while before I could scratch up the money and this is still less than half the weight of my current tent.