I hear you Nancy and Jim. I've warned the flatlanders, its gonna be cold and lots of fresh snow. I just hate the low high for Saturday. My plan and I tried to warn them, is to just snowshoe in a short ways, mostly because it may be hard going thru all the fresh snow. Eight of us have been in above Lake Winnemucca and had to snowshoe out thru 2 feet of fresh snow, then shovel the cars out of a unplowed parking lot. We could of had two women come with if we had gone in March. They are gungho, advised they take it easy coming up Saturday morning, 4X4's are in the ditches during storms. I have my WM Antelope Super, its been used below zero a few times and I have my other down clothing too. Since it will be so cold, my down jacket should stay dry, I don't own a parka. Don is around 60, Andy is 32. Don's gonna dig a coffin, I may dig down a little we'll see. I'll have the tough drive, coming up out of Carson City where I work during the week, not looking forward to hitting 50 west bound. We are meeting up around 10AM, so if I get a early start I should have lots of time. Like New Year's Eve, the traffic should be east bound, I can wave at them as I drive by. I have my shovel in my pickup. It's been used for appropriate use before. smile

Edit for trip location. Loon Lake, lower than Tahoe.

Edited by hikerduane (02/24/11 09:52 PM)