I have Raynaud's syndrome, so did my father. It doesn't have to be very cold for it to show up. Among other causes, years of hammering steel and welding is what got to my father and I. I suspect a few deep gashes in those fingers didn't help either, but all were a part of the occupation we were in.

What happened to my father, and now to me, is that the tips of our middle fingers turn white and numb. They look dead. This usually happens when I've been sitting a long time and then head outside in cold or clammy weather.

It's not hard to get the blood back into them though. I force it into the afflicted finger with my thumb of the other hand by massaging from the base of my palm up towards the finger and by rubbing my hands together vigorously. You can also swing your arm around like a windmill to force the blood into your fingers. Once you've got the color back the numbness goes away and generally it doesn't reappear.

I know several other men that have it, most all worked in the trades, but I've never met a woman that has it, at least not that I know of.

"You want to go where?"