Hmm, I've never bivied on the Eiger in -40C, but did survive a couple of days in Yosemite with Jim in his Mtn 24 in a mild snowstorm. smile A year or two later, I was comfy in my EMS in almost the same place in relatively heavy snowfall.

I also "survived" a night out in Mt. San Jacinto with no tent at all in beautiful weather staring up at the stars, just in my bag and BD Winter Bivy (nothing more than a couple of pieces of Epic sewn into a coccoon shape with a cross zip). MSJ isn't exactly the wilderness-it's above Palm Springs, but gets a fair amount of snow in winter.

Lori, I saw that Space Station on the MH website. Hard to believe someone bought one of those for beach parties. There is a big base camp tent in the Alaska Geographic program, but I couldn't see enough of it to see what it was. It is a big blue and white dome of some sort. I'm guessing it didn't come from Wal-Mart. laugh

ps. Netflix has some other wilderness shows including a documentary on Antarctica by Werner Herzog, the famous German filmmaker, which I just watched part of-pretty interesting.

Edited by TomD (01/07/11 12:00 AM)