He respects the fact that I have a lot of years under my belt, age wise and experience wise, I don't know it all by far, so trips like this are another story to be told later. Forgot to mention, when I took my pack off and checked the temperature, that was when I got my BD Ion headlamp that uses an expensive battery out as I could see the tracks in the snow, but not for good footing. He's very good at finding new trailheads, I told him we need to go in together next time, as he said he was going to camp along the trail this trip. A lot of trail. The tracks across Lower Echo Lake had completely filled in from the new, blowing snow by this morning. He wanted to go out over the trail that we came in on, you could not see it. I persuaded him to cross the lake, close to shore part way, I told him others the day before had crossed it with a canoe they were dragging across the surface, loaded with beer according to some xc skiers who crossed too. I think part of the old bit is doing this so late, at night, in the winter with no one around.

Edited by hikerduane (01/02/11 02:06 AM)
Edit Reason: misspelled word