Well, it does sound like it is muscular then, with muscles tight and pulling unevenly (or unequally) and thus pulling the knee out of alignment. I had a great chiropracter in CO who explained how having two muscles, which are supposed to work equally, instead pulling at different strengths can throw a joint out of alignment. In my case he was talking about my jaw, and how the muscles that are attached to the spine and help open the mouth are supposed to have equal pull strength. But for me, because my neck vertebrae were out of alignment the muscles pulled unequally, resulting in TMJ. He aligned my nect and the residual TMJ that I had (it had also been treated by another form of eastern medicine - a form of shiatsu called Sugi) went away. I do have some jaw degeneration due to way too many years of active TMJ so it still clicks, but I can open and close my mouth all the way without using my hand to physically manipulate it now. Now that I've been studying anatomy again in great detail, I can see exactly why it is so important to make sure all of our muscles are kept in optimum condition. We have alot of muscles, but not really much redundancy. Fascinating really.

MNS

P.S. How many shows do you have to play?