It is an odd thing - I thought for years I'd ever want a digital version of a guide book - until this fall when we went to the Smokies and we picked up some via Kindle that I read on our iPad. While I wouldn't want that for the trail, for planning it worked really, really well. We didn't backpack, we dayhiked, so at night I would study up for the next day. smile

Niches can be a good thing!

Btw, we started out with Lulu but went out on our own after the first year. We still use them for dealing with Amazon (works fine and it wasn't worth changing anything). Once we figured out how everything needed to be done for the back stuff we knew we could deal with the printers - at this point we are printing in multi-thousand runs that are delivered to us from the Midwest via freight delivery. Those books we sell via the website and to our distributor. Amazon sells via their own printers (Lulu doesn't actually print anything, they are a face that works between the author and the print on demand or short run printing - Amazon does the same thing as well - they will print and stock a book via their print on demand printers.)
So in the end due to our nerdy interest in it we became our own company. It has been fun!

Have you considered getting it on Amazon? It is pretty easy and you can deal with them directly. The CD would be tricky to deal with but that could be done as an upload the buyer gets upon buying the book? I know half of our yearly sales are via Amazon. People buy stuff there like crazy! smile