Just wanted to report - I decided on a pair of cabella's camo pants. These aren't exactly the model, but it's the closest I could find online. They were $49 on sale this summer, and I can't say enough good things for them.

Extremely light compared to my LLBean convertible pants, dirt resistant, near silent in the woods while hunting/stalking. The permethrin coating was also super effective, once it wears out, no harm, since I didn't buy them for the permethrin. I liked the pocket setup, and the reinforced knees, while not as thick as I would like in colder weather, were exactly right for the month-long wear I gave them.

I also learned something I'm sure most people here already exercise, which is discipline in packing clothes - I brought a pair of LLBean convertibles out for the 30 days in the bush, and found that they were truly extra weight. Lesson learned the hard way. (especially when I considered that I had long johns, and rain pants, and gaiters - don't feel sorry for the extra weight in clothing, I brought it on myself and won't make that mistake again.)