Yep, everything OM said thanks

It is a great way to have all the kinds of pasta you want and no big pot. If you look in the dehydrating 101 section I have a section on pasta smile

Funny is I had just posted a recipe on our local hiking forums using precooked pasta -

This recipe is from our soon to be finished second book that I have worked on for well over 4 years. It is an FBC friendly meal but I have also included how to prepare it in a pot as well.

Chili Mac

In a quart freezer bag:
4 ounces cooked and dehydrated pasta
2 Tbsp ‘Taco’ TVP or cooked and dehydrated hamburger
2 Tbsp diced dried bell peppers
1 Tbsp cooked and dehydrated pinto beans
1 Tbsp freeze-dried sweet corn

In a small bag:
1/4 - 1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried diced garlic

Also take:
1 Tbsp or 1 packet olive oil
1 ounce cheddar cheese
Salt to taste

FBC method: Add 2 cups of near boiling water to the bag. Make sure all pasta is covered. Seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Drain off any remaining water carefully. Shake in spice packet and add oil. Mix well and top with diced cheddar. Let melt a bit and stir in.

One Pot Method:
Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add in the pasta, turn off the stove and cover tightly. Let sit for 10 minutes. Drain off any remaining water carefully. Shake in spice packet and add oil. Mix well and top with diced cheddar. Let melt a bit and stir in.

Serves 1

Notes: The amount of chili powder is up to you; I like it spicy, others don't. Add in a couple salsa packets for an extra kick.

~Sarah