It is difficult to know just where to start the critique of your gear list. As a blanket statement, I think you could cut your 42 lb base weight (all your gear w/o food and water)in half without loss of any comfort or safety. What you need to do to do this is to look at some of the gear lists that are posted on this site. These will give you some idea of what other experienced lightweight backpackers take.

To find the gear lists, go to the home page of this site, look on the left side under gear checklists and compare what you plan to take with what others find necessary.

I am certainly not the lightest weight hiker posting on this board but I seldom carry more than 12 lb of gear unless I need a bear canister. All my hiking is in the western mountains in spring, summer and fall. I hiked the John Muir Trail in California in 2008 with a base weight of 16 lb including bear canister and I was 21 days on the trail and one ten day stretch without resupply.

You plan nine days out so you will probably need to carry 1.5 to 2 lb of food per day. That will add another 13.5 to 18 pounds to your first day pack weight. Add 2-4 lb of water and you will be leaving the car carrying between 57.5 and 64 lb not counting your fishing gear and whatever group and optional gear you plan to take along. I don't know about you, but I couldn't cover more than a few miles with all that on my back.

Some suggestions for a lighter load.
1) Get a lighter pack. I have carried ten days of food in my Golite Quest (4000 cu in) and it weighs half what you list, has hip belts and load lifters. -3.3 lb

2) Drop the pack cover, just line your pack with a trash compactor bag for waterproofing. One to fit a large pack weighs 2.4 oz.

3) If you can afford it, get a bag like the Marmot Helium. This weighs right around 2 lb and is good to 20°F. -3 lb

4) A 3/4 length closed cell sleeping pad only weighs 6 oz. You can get a 3/4 length Thermarest Prolite 3 that weighs 13 oz while a 3/4 length Thermarest that is 2" thick weighs 23 oz. You know what you need to sleep but you don't need a full length pad.

5) You can get tents that weigh a bit over 2 lb for one person and a bit over three pounds for two. Check out some of the offerings by Tarptent, Six Moons Designs, Big Agnes, REI and MSR for lighter tents. You can get a light one person tent for about $200. Get light tent stakes; I carry eleven of them at about 3 oz.

6) Drop the 12-1 gallon bags, rely on the trash compactor bag liner for waterproofing. Same thing with the stuff sack for your sleeping bag. Just stuff it into the pack and let it fill any empty corners. But, you may want a stuff sack to use as a clothing stuffed pillow.

7) If you have a waterproof floor on your tent, you don't need a water proof ground cloth. Either do without or get a sheet of 2 mil polyethylene sheet. 2 oz.

8) You are taking way too many clothes. For a nine day trip, you don't need three pair of pants, three changes of underwear, two short sleeve shirts, a long sleeve shirt (especially flannel) or a lot of the other clothing changes you propose. You should plan on taking one pair of pants and just letting them get dirty although you can wash them and wear your gym shorts while they are drying. You can get away with one base layer (wool or capilene) T-shirt, one light nylon long-sleeved shirt, a fleece jacket (100 wt is good) and an insulated jacket (down or synthetic). For underwear, take one set and go commando while you are rinsing your undies. Take one extra pair of socks. Most modern midweight socks are about 2.5 oz per pair and do not need liners. Boots or trail running shoes are your decision but boots tend to weigh about twice what the shoes do, they dry slower and don't provide any more safety or traction.

9) Your mess gear is heavy. You should be able to keep all of your cooking gear below a pound unless you are into gourmet cooking.

10) Use soda water or Gaitoraide bottles for water. They weigh about 1.5 oz ea. You could also get some of the Platypus collapsible 2-3 liter bottles. They weigh less than 2 oz ea.

11) You can cut weight on almost everything in your Personal and Miscellaneous category by taking only the amount you will need. A 0.5 oz hotel size bar of soap should easily last 9 days. Do you really need deodorant? Take tooth-powder, a 3 week supply only weighs 0.5 oz. Take one bandanna and wash it periodically. Use the same ideas on all the other stuff.

I didn't mean to go on so long but the thought of the potential load you would be carrying sort of made me wince. I hiked the John Muir Trail without resupply in 1954 and my starting weight for 20 days was 48 pounds; just a bit more than your base weight but I was carrying all my food too. You can really prune a lot of weight from your proposed list and still be safe and comfortable. I am sure that many others on this forum will have better suggestions than I am offering. Please consider their advice.

Oh, your trip sounds great1 I envy you. I haven't been in the Bob Marshall area in 35 years.