perry said,
" a dog. They're always ready to go, not fussy on where, adapt to any pace you choose, and always agree with your opinions on political/religous/controversial topics."

Hah - maybe your dog agrees with all that you say. Do you hold out its food unless it shakes its head in agreement? BTW I have noticed that my dog is more like a horse in that it shakes its head back and forth for "yes".

I have to go solo mostly. I guess its part of the price that I pay for being too extreme. I've picked up about 4x 20-somethings and taught them to backpack and rock climb, but generally when they turn 30 - 35 I get the call "Jim I have a family now and I can't risk my life anymore." So anyway you'll always have yourself.

So what I like about solo. I can go where ever I choose and I can change my mind at any time and I can climb or descend most anything I want. I can stop and camp in exposed high altitude spots in the wind or do any other crazy thing I want. This is how I learned REASONABLE LIMITS.

You can get a card made with your name, stateing your outdoor activities of interest etc. Mine read "jimshawoutdoorsman" kayak, canoe, climb, hike,backpack. and a phone number and it stateing the area I live in. You can give this you people that you run into on the trail, especially girls. Maybe they'll call you!!!!
Jim