I will never:

1) Carry a hydration bladder. I am somehow able to pull a water bottle out of my backpack and drink from it without becoming dangerously dehydrated. Easier to clean too.

2) Carry an ice axe on my internal frame pack. Is there an internal frame pack that does not come with these? Do most people who buy internal frame packs do routine climbing over ice?

3) Chemically treat water after filtering. Assuming the odds of getting sick by drinking unfiltered water are less than 1 in 100, and the filter removes 99% of harmful stuff, that puts the odds of getting sick from drinking filtered water at 1 in 10,000 - good enough for me. Of course, I don't draw my water from the Rio Grande just downstream of Juarez (another thing I will never do).

4) Brag to "greenhorns" about how I hiked the entire Appalacian trail. Number one, it would be a lie, and number two, I don't feel the need to validate myself to others like that even if it were true.

5) Wear spandex while biking or doing anything else for that matter. Too self-conscious.