Originally Posted By Fiddleback
The bad ass llama (billstephenson's post) may be indication of another trait of llamas...they are great herd guardians. They have great success in keeping coyotes, loose/feral dogs and sometimes, wolves at bay.

Indeed, the woman that owned the llama said it watched over her herd of donkeys and told a story about the llama chasing off three big dogs that had make their way into her pasture. The dogs belonged to a neighbor, who she had asked several times to keep on their property. The neighbor, who had a "My dogs can go where they want to" attitude, and her dogs, found out that was not at all true.

The llama was also very protective of it's owner. Even her husband wouldn't go near the llama when she was in the pasture. He told me, "The donkeys and the llama belong to her. I don't mess with them at all". She told me the llama was a male, and while he liked most all women, he hadn't ever met a man he thought much of.

It was clear by watching him how different he felt about the two of us. The llama obviously adored her. He was nothing but "Googoo eyes" whenever he looked at her, but it was all "evil eyes" for me. I was pretty impressed with how much expression could be read in his face alone.

"You want to go where?"