You may think its funny that I would share hammock technology, but since bigfoot gave me a hammock, and being an Inginear cool I had to read up the latest stuff and then design my own which I of course consider to be superior to every one elses. goodjob but it probably weighs more, cool is more durable, and the pieces can be used to tow a truck or winch you out of a hole since its actually made of spectra winch cord from ebay.

Anyway I use what they call a single line suspension. Basically its 40 feet of 4,000 lb test spectra (that is tightly slung between two trees) and the hammock hangs under it attached by a whoopy sling on each end so that the angle of the dangle of the hammock is isolated from the angles and tightness of the ridge line so that the hammock itself can be full adjusted without changing the tree ties. The actual 40 feet of spectra includes a 6 foot (12 loop) whoopy and a 2 foot (4 foot loop) whoopy integral to its design, so it has 8 feet of adjustment by pulling on a ring.

So I have some 1 inch wide plastic shipping wrapping tape that came around a load of plywood and each end has a figure 8 knot in it and one piece is 4 feet long and one is 6 feet long. I wrap these around my chosen trees, pull the spectra out one end of the Bag and use two half hitches on bights to secure it to the tree wraps, this easily pulls out when you want to pack up. Then I walk to the other tree pulling the assembly out of a medium sized marmot stuff sack and again use two half hitches (on bights)to secure the spectra ridge line to the tree wrap. Then I pull the two main ridgeline whoopies to tighten the ridgeling taught and use the two whoopies attaching the hammock to the ridge line to adjust the slack in the hammock. The Marmot stuff sack ends up on the ridge line right above me so I can stuff my jacket and things into it. When I leave I pull the release bights on the half hitches and stuff it all into the marmot sack.

Jim they just totally changed flicr so I'll have figure out how to use it to copy my hammock line photos over here.