Recently, I went to buy a new pair of running shoes. The place I went specializes in running/walking so I knew I would get the best advice. No different than going to an outdoor outfitter for gear. I go in, the guy asks me to take off socks and shoes so he can watch/analyzes my foot and stride. During our talk about how much/how far I run, he tells me that most people's feet "flatten out" around the 5-6 mile mark and the toes can rub/hit the front of the shoe. So he recommends that I get at least a size 10 (normal shoes, I wear a 9.5) and if I were running more than 6-7 miles at a time he would have told me to get a 10.5. I told him that I also backpack/hike. He mentioned that my boots/shoes for hiking should also be at least a size 10 because of how the foot flattens after so many miles. What do you all think about this advice? Any truth to it? When I went to buy my boots (well before i bought these running shoes), the guy at the outfitter didn't mention this at all and told me that my boots needed to be a tight but comfortable fit. I have noticed on some of my longer hiking days (10 miles or so) that my toes do hit the front of my 9.5 size boots. Does the advice on running shoes correlate to hiking boots/shoes?