River Sticks;

I think the neatest wood I have ever found was in a creek that ran down a mountain. There was a huge stick jam (not a log jam, cuz the sticks were smaller in diameter). I dont know what this stick orignally looked like, but when I happened upon it, it was knobbly and warbly but still very oddly straight. It was red and dark brown stripes when it was waterlogged, and even now with laquer on it, it is still fairly striped. It is almost 6" tall, and it was a heavy burdon to bring down to the camp. (good thing thats what boyfriends are for)

Its so full of characteristic, and I am going to get some palm leather, cuz on hot days it gets sticky/stinky. <--laquer = yucky. (But I like shiney things) I dont bring it out very often anymore. Its too prized. Fat lotta good it does me at home tho...

(never thought Id feel this way about a stick, but its my favorite stick. Thanks Mother Nature)

Oh yeah, and 1 more thing, the most common game we play, every single time we go out into the woods. Spear the dead log. I have learned how to spear, how to make a spear and what is the best rotted out log to throw a spear into etc. Its all about balance, concentration and will-power, and a little show-offiness smile