There's no setup time at all for my gravity filter. It came fully assembled and stays that way. You take it out of whatever bag you carry it in (ziplock for me), fill the "bucket," hang the carrier loops over a branch, attach your Platy to the hose (if you still have one of those filter connectors that Platypus no longer makes), open the hose, sit down and eat a snack. You do have to "burp" the air out of the Platy bottle once or twice during the filling process.

I've never had any problems with the filter clogging. Admittedly, I would never try to use any filter in water that's full of glacial or any other kind of silt. I have used "partly cloudy" water in times of meltoff or rainy weather, though. About once a week I remove the prefilter covering of the Hiker Pro filter and rinse it off.

Since my ULA Amigo Pro bag sprang a leak and they're not making them any more, I have put together my own gravity filter using a Sea-to-Summit Ultrasil dry bag, a Hiker Pro replacement filter and parts from US Plastics. It's an ounce lighter than the Amigo Pro, which was 7.5 oz.