No problem at all! Thanks for all your insight, much appreciated.

None of my friends are really into backpacking, so you guys on here are the only experienced people I get to talk to about this. Even the people at the camping stores around me seem misinformed, and I don't feel comfortable listening to their advice so do not be afraid to give me the low-down lol.

After reading everyones posts and researching more it seems I probably should get all the rest of my gear first. I'll keep an eye out for more packs though as I go. I'm also going to look into a few more stores that maybe in the area that I am not aware of.

One more question though. What are the point of these MONSTER packs? In what situation would you need something like this? Now you guys got me thinking and I'm trying to really figure out what I will be bringing with me and what it will fit in. I still would like to have HUGE pack though in case I do want to pack more stuff. Like I guess maybe if you wanted to go for say a week, but spoil yourself and bring more things. But now after reading, it does seem more logical to get something light for those looooong hikes.

Also forgot to mention, when I was on the AT the other day with my fathers backpack I ran into a thru-hiker. I always like to pick their brains when they let me so I asked him some questions. When I told him how much the pack weighed he laughed at me lol. I'm going to start looking into the rest of the gear now and see what I'm going to be working with.

Just found this had to share, kinda making me excited because I think this could fit the bill when all is said and done. Got my fingers crossed. Here she is the Granite Gear Vapor Trail. Seems really light, and mid-sized which I like. Lemme know what you guys think of it.

http://www.granitegearstore.com/Vapor-Trail-P8.aspx

Edited by FarFigNugen11 (06/28/10 11:12 AM)