Let first say welcome to the forum. Second, I do not have any personal experience with any of those 3 packs you mention. But I do have an opinion. I assume, that is what you really want? All of those packs will cause some serious shoulder pain, especially for someone new to backpacking for the simply reason they are huge and heavy. The Dana is the lightest of the three and it clocks in at just under 6lbs. All three are large enough to carry your kitchen sink and likely that is the only thing that wouldn't get packed making the load on your back probably 40-50 lbs (or much more). The pain you experienced was due top the weight, not necessarily the pack design (though it may have played a role).

You stated you desired a pack to "do-it-all", none of these packs fit that bill unless do-it-all means "carry-it-all" in which case your shoulders and back (etc...) will hurt no matter the pack. In reality there isn't a "do-it-all" pack. I do have one that is my goto, but have others for other specific purposes. In other words, even my goto doesn't do-it-all.

If you told us a little more about what you wanted to do, perhaps we could steer you in the right direction. If your "test" hike is an indication that you will be hiking all (or part) of the AT, I would recommend against all three of those packs as they are just plain way to big and heavy unless you desire to be in pain.

So, what duties does this pack need to perform?