Ok, I had enough!

I read thousands of reviews of sooo many packs I feel and no matter what I do I find someone to convince me not to get it because of a bad review.

I am looking for a pack that is a do-it-all pack. I would rather spend a lot of money then to little. In my opinion the pack is what makes/helps you enjoy the trip your on and without a good one you'll be miserable. I tried my fathers Dana Design Glacier something or other and my shoulders have never hurt me so much. Granted I gave it a hard test run on the Appalachian trail, going all up hill practically. After I made it to the top, I immediately made my way down because I didn't think my shoulders would last much longer if I waited. This made me realize how IMPORTANT a good pack IS. Here are some I'm looking at.

Palisade80- Tried this pack on at campmor and LOVED IT, almost bought on the spot. Came home to do some research on it and found a lot of people bashing the hip belt. There is some kind of plastic piece that breaks in the hip belt. http://www.blog.aimlessmovie.com/2009/05/review-of-gregory-palisade-80whitney-95.html Found this saying they adressed it but I do not know how credible this is. Also, what could they have possibly done to have fixed all of them like that? How do I know if I am getting the dud of the palisades.

Arc'Teryx Naos 85- I LOVE THIS PACK!! It seems like a bulletproof pack that if you want a pack of packs this is it. Don't like the price tag at all though. They claim it is FULLY waterproof although I found some reviews saying otherwise. There is apparently a side pocket that leaks. I also do not like how there aren't any outside pockets to store things. As long as you pack smart I'm sure there would be no issue but I still don't like this.

These are the only two that I can see myself getting so far. If you guys have any expierence with this stuff please let me know how your making out with it. Or, if you have other equipment ideas send em' my way please. Again, I am not really worried about spending too much just want a pack that I do not have to worry about breaking, or being a pain on the trail. Thanks everyone!!