No experience with BA, but I've been moving toward quilts over the last couple of years. Started by using my hoodless WM Mitylite unzipped as a quilt, and finally bought my first dedicated quilt, the Thermarest Ventra. Except that it's half a pound heavier, I like it a great deal - enough that I bought the companion Tech Blanket for a summer quilt.

I've never had trouble staying warm on a pad, except one night when I used a BA Insulated Air Core pad; when the temperatures hit 20, I could feel the cold start to seep upward. I haven't had the NeoAir pad out in winter conditions yet; I know one poster here (Wandering Daisy?) had no luck with it below freezing. You might search for those posts. I never had any issues at all with a Thermarest Prolite (the thicker one, one-and-a-half inches.)

My Mitylite and Ventra are rated to 40 degrees; I've taken the Mitylite down to about 20 in the backyard by adding down pants and jacket (WM Flash) over midweight wool longjohns, and using a balaclava, down mittens and down booties. At 20, the cold was seeping in pretty much everywhere except the Prolite pad; at 25, I had no problems with the quilt or the pad.