Hey there Backpacking.net Community!
I guess the most inexperienced outdoorsmen may have just joined your forums, but I'm eager to learn. My backpacking experience is limited to the section of the AT from Springer mountain to Blood Mountain- a 3 day stint I did with some friends two years back and had an absolute blast. As of recent- I guess spurred on by a few trips to my friend's deer lease, my new job as a farm hand, and walking at the river by my house with my pup- I've realized how much happier I am outside than being cooped up in my house. So, I As next summer will be my last one before graduating college, I wanted to plan out a trip with 3 of my closest friends to backpack- either in the Redwood Forest or the Pacific Northwest. I figure weekend / longer trips throughout the school year, while being great fun, could provide some valuable experience and training. What I'm asking of you is for some steps in the right direction:
Any books y'all would recommend? Websites I should scour, etc?
While the internet and this forum provide a wealth of knowledge, it can be a little rough figuring out where to start.
Thanks!