Quote:
Now the parks will have these same inexperienced people roaming around carrying guns to fight off imagined dangers.

Maybe, but I'm not observing that. Guns were/are carried in national parks since parks were parks, only now it's legal. Those carriers have at least a minimal amount of training, per their license. As much time as I've spent in Big Bend...likely the most 'armed' park in the country due to its border with Mexico, I've never heard, nor heard of, a firearm discharge. I'm sure it happens but the rangers make it clear the consequences are huge if unwarranted. Folks being armed down there is no secret. To me, it's business as usual.
I think it will go the way of the Conceal Carry License....tremendous number of guns now being carried in public, openly in many states, yet fears of out-of-control accidents, violence, etc. have proven unfounded, in fact, the opposite has happened. Most of those carriers have no where near the training of the police, but they do have some training.
Time will tell...gun toters (me included) soon get bored with the idea and learn guns aren't a solution to anything but the direst of circumstances. Even then, there are alternatives. Many CCL holders stop carrying after the newness wears off. wink

Now, this is an ultralite board, and I do everything in my power to NOT haul a chunk of steel/lead around on the trail...just ain't needed.