I second what 300winmag suggested.....at only 28oz empty, this is indeed an "ultra ultra ultra lightweight" way to go!!!!! And the 44 magnum round is very much proven to stop an aggressive Grizz. I had no idea these types of pistols came in such a ridiculously LW package.

My only (personal) concern is accuracy. My friend has an iron short-barreled 44 magnum named the "Alaskan Backpacker." I think it is a S&W but not sure. I've fired it numerous times....it can light up an area the size of a football field with its muzzle flash at night!!!! BUT, the accuracy on the thing is crazy-bad. I am not used to large caliber handguns so I'm sure it has a lot to do with me. But I've seen others with this thing and they're not any better.

Give me my Krinkov anyday. I'll lug the extra few pounds to have the "luxury" of a shoulder slung rifle, 30 rounds of giddy up, and steady accuracy.

I've never had a boar Grizzly bearing down on me, but I know I'd be shaking in my boots if one was. And I could only deliver lead on target with a small rifle at my shoulder.