Originally Posted By orclwzrd
So I'm trying a pair of Merrell Moab Ventilators, in walnut for those of you that are color concious. I don't think they are the lightest in the world but they seem to fit and I have a good weekend for testing them out.

john

Those are my current boots...and as far as fit, comfort, and wicking/quickness of drying, they've been great.

My last trip out was the beginning of this month, at mid-elevation in the Smokies. I took a day hike up to the top of Mt Guyot (6600 ft) where there was still several feet of snow, and my feet got SOAKED, literally swimming in there. By the time I had descended back to my 4500 ft campsite, a few miles walk, my feet were nothing more than damp. A half mile into the next morning's hike, my feet/boots were completely dry (it was humid during the night and no drying occurred).

My only complaint has been durability. They've developed a gash just behind the toe reinforcement on the upper of the left boot, about 3/4" long. I don't know if this was something I abused (rock, log, etc), a flaw in this particular boot, or what is to blame, but they were purchased at REI, so they'll be going back for replacement. The right one is almost perfect, save for the outsole separating from the upper just slightly where it wraps over the toe. For the amount I wear them, I'd expect that at this point, but not the big gaping gash in the left one.