Originally Posted By ChrisFol
Originally Posted By Starcruzzer
ok let me make this clear when i say 4 season i meant that during spring fall and summer you take everything except the ones that say winter in parentheses. when i pack for winter i will just add all the gear that says winter in parentheses. i thought the layout of the list made that clear.

again for a 3 season pack i am going to take everything except the items that say winter.

when it is winter i will add the items that say winter.

You are missing point:

-Spring/Fall/Summer-- where? Summer in Socal is different than summer in MN.
-In fact, summer in Colorado is different than spring in Az.
Winter-- where? Winter in Colorado is different that AK.

Not evetybodies 3-season or winter gear list is the same!

How long for-- 3/4 days trips are different than 7+ trips.

Weights-- you still do not have any.

My FAK weighs 3oz for 2people plus one dog. For solo use it weighs around 1oz. What does your weigh-- how can we tell you things to look at?

We can all read the (winter) brackets-- but your list is still useless to us without weights, location, trip length and expected temps.

i understand, what i want to make clear is that if it's summer im obviously not going to be taking and ice axe or snow shovel.

and when i say summer i mean hot, when i say spring i mean mild, when i say fall i mean brisk, when i say winter i mean cold.

im not completely retarded about the states obviously summer in MN will be different in MN which btw i lived in minnesota summers aren't that bad.