Although I'm very happy wth my 2008 REI Cruise UL 60 I don't prefer their current non-adjustable (for torso length) harness sysem in the now re-named Flash 60. But if it fits you the pack is otherwise an excellent pack for the money with lots of great features.

From what I have seen in my own hands my vote goes to Granite Gear 1st and Osprey 2nd. They make durable, comfortable high quality packs that happen to be light.

Eric
BTW, you can find aftermarket side pockets from various pack makers that will attatch to the sides of most packs with light 3/4" webbing & Fastex-type buckles sudh as carried in various lengths by REI. This gives you a place for items you will need right away, like a 1st aid kit, poopie kit & trowel, headlamp, etc. This gives you much greater pack size versatility (adds about 700 cu. in.)and convienance W/ little additional weight.

("poopie kit" = T.P., hand sanitizer and aluminum snow stake for a UL trowel) Hand sanitizer is the best for preventing butt-to-hand-to mouth contamination.