Originally Posted By Pat-trick
Gee whiz, tough crowd. I was hoping for something like this:

"Hey, great, Patrick, you got it down to 13 pounds! Welcome to the UL Club!" Yeah, Unwashed Louts.

Patrick, I am sorry that you feel the way that you do and that my criticism prompted such a knee-jerk reaction of name-calling. Nobody said that you need to do all of this, they are only issues for your future consideration, should you wish to trim more weight for whatever reason.

Up until a few years ago I was a broke law student purchasing all of my gear at Goodwill and the like, so I understand a limited fixed income very well. Hence why I never said go out and buy this or that. My suggestions for lowering weight was to leave stuff at home-- the cost of doing so is $0. In another thread I recommended the Campmor bag to you, which is a relatively inexpensive down bag, in this thread I just suggested an alcohol stove-- the cost is less than $10, even less if you make one from home! So I understand the need to be thifty.

Generally speaking, people who post gear lists want some feedback-- good, bad or indifferent. If you just wanted a pat on the back and a group hug for cutting gear and making sensible purchases then I apologize for not meeting your needs and reaching your expectations.

goodjob A 13 pound base-weight is awesome! Now go get out there and have fun! goodjob

Edited by ChrisFol (03/30/10 07:32 PM)