Detailed list for 2 people for my 26 day xc trip in the Beartooths of MT, (although we took food for 28 days as a back up, this is what we actually used). The total food weight for 26 days in their 5 Ursacks came to 40 lbs even; the 5 Ursacks adding an additional 2 1/2 lbs. My wife insisted on a few extra "comfort" foods tossed in.

Menu for 26 days for 2

Breakfasts

All breakfasts for each of us (except the Ramen)were rebagged @ home and consisted of 2 store packets of hot cereal fortified w/ 2 heaping Tbls of Nido. There is no way anyone can live on only 1 package of oatmeal/Crm. of Wheat

26 bricks assorted Ramen soup (2 per breakfast)
14 bags of "Super Oatmeal"
12 bags of instant Crm of Wheat

Additionally, one of the extra items that my wife insisted on was a huge 2 lb bag of mixed dried fruit that we threw about a Tbls or 2 into every cereal breakfast

Lunch

2 18 oz jars of peanut butter and 2, 1 lb loaves Rubschlager cocktail bread. I can get the bread locally at most of our grocery stores in the deli section. The stuff is indestructible and lasted fine over the entire trip.

26 Cliff bars assorted varieties

2 lbs dried misc fruit

1 lb beef Jerky

Dinners

Homemade dehydrated meals using hamburger "gravel"

Shepard's Pie
"Spaghetti"
Oriental beef,beans and broccoli over rice
Chili
Spanish rice w/ 'burger

Using ground turkey gravel

Turkey and veggies w/gravy over stuffing

Using Bulk FD Chicken

Sweet and sour chicken over rice
Cheesy Chicken and broccoli over rice

Using "faux" ham (dried smoked chipped beef)

"Ham" and Julienned potatoes in cheddar cheese sauce

Misc meat and veggie dinners

Minestrone soup/Pasta E Fagioli (w leftover 'burger, chicken, and tortellini tossed in)

Spinach and ricotta tortellini in meat sauce

Cheesy potato and veggie chowder

All told, 12 ready to eat dinners.

A substantial portion of our protein came from "foraged" trout and I planned on 13 meals or 1/2 the trip from fish. The fish were cooperative and we never went hungry; but to balance out all the protein, I always throw in a "side dish" to go w/ the trout.

Most days we'd eat the fish as a late afternoon meal, then fish or dayhike 'till sunset and have our side for a late supper. All of my "sides" consisted of 6 oz dried weight of a carb source; pasta, rice, mashed potatoes, "instant" hash browns, stuffing, couscous in a gravy or cheese sauce or veggie pilaf.

13 sides to accompany trout:

Three home made "pasta and sauce":

Cheddar, Alfredo, 4 Cheese

Four Homemade Couscous blends:

Pilaf, Cheesy, Roasted Herb & Garlic and EEVO

Four homemade Potato recipes :

Mashed potatoes and Brown gravy, Scalloped "Hash browns", Cheesy "Hash Browns", Buttered "Hash Browns O'Brian"

Stuffing and Turkey Gravy

Instant Rice Pilaf

All of the sides were just large enough that we could get by for a day if the trout weren't biting but they always were.

Beginning to end

Assembling ingredients

Will it all fit ?

Yes

Ursacks ready to tie down for the night

YUMMM !!

And in the end... this is our TOTAL trash load after 25 days on trail