Hello all!

I'm recently returning to backpacking as an adult, having spent most of my childhood outdoors camping/canoeing with family. I'm realizing that I'm having to relearn a lot of skills, which is exciting and challenging, and just had two questions about bear bags (I realize that there's a canister vs. bag debate, but for the sake of my questions I'm asking about a bag).

1) Is there anything I can spray/rub/put inside my bear bag that will help deter bears based on smell? Some animals have certain scents that they dislike, and I was wondering if there was anything that might help act as another defense?

2) I have also heard stories of small critters getting into bags by climbing down the rope from above and chewing in. I wonder if wrapping the rope just above the bag with something that has less traction - ie: aluminum foil or plastic - might help keep 'em out. I see people in town wrap similar things around tree trunks to keep squirrels from taking them over, and thought maybe this logic could be applied?

Any info is greatly appreciated! I plan on hanging an Ursack s29 using the PCT method, and just wanted to know about some added defense. The area I'll be primarily hiking in (at least for my first few seasons) doesn't have grizzlies, but does have a healthy population of black bears.

Thanks!